You are in: Programs » Transitional Housing
What is Transitional Housing?
Transitional Housing is a rental subsidy program that helps individual households to afford housing costs such as rent while waiting to acquire low-income housing options.
The goal of the program is to provide assistance with safe, decent and affordable housing in St. Croix, Pierce, and Polk Counties.
Persons in the rental assistance program usually pay 30 percent of their income for rent.
Wisconsin Service Point Consumer Notice
How Do I Qualify?
- Assistance will be given upon completion of all program forms and when all eligibility requirements are met.
- The landlord will be contacted and must agree to participate in this program.
- The rental unit you have chosen must pass HUD guidelines and meet the Median housing cost requirements for your county.
- Due to funding availability it may be necessary to place you on a waiting list; you will be notified by letter or phone.
- It is your responsibility to call us if your address or phone number changes after being placed on the waiting list.