Released 5 June 2014
You are in: Latest News » THE SALVATION ARMY TEAMS UP WITH ENTENMANN'S TO CE...
The Salvation Army
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
Sarmy to 85944 to make a $10 donation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
WE'VE TEAMED UP WITH ENTENMANN'S TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL DONUT DAY ON FRIDAY, JUNE 6
NATIONAL DONUT DAY FACT SHEET:
· The 77th Annual National Donut Day is Friday, June 6th
· The Salvation Army started National Donut Day during the Great Depression as a way to raise funds and bring awareness to our social service programs
· National Donut Day honors our military veterans and commemorates the work of Salvation Army volunteers (known as the "Donut Lassies) who used the tasty confection to comfort American soldiers in France and Germany during World War I.
· By supporting National Donut Day, with a donation or through volunteering, you help The Salvation Army keep food pantries, senior citizen feeding programs and childcare nutrition programs alive and well.
· Our friends at @Entenmanns, are donating $1 for every person who "Likes" the Entenmann's FB page-up to $30,0000 until June 15 #NationalDonutDay
· Like us on Facebook Salvation Army Milwaukee County
· Follow us on Twitter Salvation Army WI
· The donuts made for WWI soldiers were fried in soldier's helmets
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an
evangelical part of the universal Christian church,
has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination since
1865. Nearly 33 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army
each year through the broadest array of social services that range from
providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the
disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless
and opportunities for underprivileged children. Nationally, approximately 84
cents of every dollar raised is used to support those services in nearly 9,000
communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.SAmilwaukee.org.