You Can Help The Less Fortunate By Volunteering
Volunteer Opportunities - The Salvation Army needs volunteers throughout the year to assist in areas like:
1. Basketball Program: Volunteer Coach or Referee
2. Office: Filing, Copying, Sorting, etc.
3. Thrift Store: Sorting, Pricing, Cleaning, Pickup donated goods, etc.
4. Christmas Fundraising: Bell Ringers, Drivers, Musicians
5. Food Pantry: Food Sorting, Bag Packing, Pantry Organizing
6. Holiday Assistance: Distribution of Goods, Packing Food and Toys, Gift Wrapping
Food Drives - Civic groups, retailers and individuals are encouraged to sponsor canned food drives throughout the year. Here is an example list of the foods we need most:
1. canned fruits and vegetables
2. pork & beans
3. canned tuna
4. canned pork or beef
5. peanut butter
6. mac & cheese
7. spaghetti and sauce
Be a Hero to the less fortunate
Get Signed Up Now to be a Volunteer Bell Ringer. It's NEVER to early!
We need volunteers to ring bells at several Red Kettle Locations in:
Hancock, Houghton, Calumet and Ontonagon
Monday - Saturday
Get signed up by calling Captain Mark Brown at: