You are in: Stay at Serenity Home/HOB
Serenity Home and House of Blessing offers shelter to those in need.
Serenity Home and House of Blessing offers shelter to families and single individuals in the Balsam Lake area, including Polk County. We are staffed 24 hours to ensure all folks receive the services they need. You are welcome to call us at 715-485-1221 to talk to a staff member to learn more about our program. Or simply click below and fill out an application. We will call you once the application is received.
Download the application to stay at Serenity Home/House of Blessing.
Download Request for Assistance Form.
Please either fax to 715-485-1226 or mail to Serenity Home, 200 Polk County Plaza, Balsam Lake, WI 54810.
Services offered for our residents:
- Budgeting Classes are offered as needed in both group and individual settings. Residents and community members are assisted with simple monthly bill paying and financial organizing.
- Resume Writing & Interview Skills are taught by volunteers in our Enrichment Program, enabling our clients to obtain employment suitable to their skill set.
- Wellness Classes are offered quarterly and feature stress management, as well as the importance of exercise and a healthy diet.
- Nutrition Classes feature balanced meal preparation and food safety information. Each participant learns how to cook on a budget and provide for their family's nutritional needs.
- Rent Smart classes are offered twice a year, informing our clients about their responsbilities and rights as tenants in St. Croix County. Professional guest speakers include attorneys, area property owners, and representatives from local lending institutions.
- Children & Adult Tutoring is provided primarily by retired teachers. Tutors assist all school age children with homework and special projects. In addition, they coach parents, helping them to work with their children more effectively.
- Family Meals and Fellowship: Evening meals are a time for fellowship and giving thanks for all of our blessings. Volunteer organizations and church groups provide our residents with nourishing dinners each week Monday through Thursday. Residents are required to attend and upon leaving the shelter, many have shared with staff that the nightly meal is one of their favorite experiences at Grace Place. It's the first time many of them have enjoyed family dinners on a regular basis.
- AODA Services: Grace Place provides transporation to the 12-step program of the residents' choice nightly. For those that are in out-patient therapy, we work closely with the appropriate agencies to help each individual work toward meeting case goals.